Tuesday, August 26, 2008

wsar radio host

I have been laying low for quite a while, listening, asking questions, going to meetings and I have to say that many people around Fall River are not very nice. For instance, the man who yelled. "let's go" as I was walking across the street, IN A CROSSWALK. How about the lady who left her 4 year old son alone while she and her apparent "baby daddy" had a screaming match in the street. These are just two examples of what you see here in the city we call home. By far the worst I have seen are the blogs, the comments, and lack of common courtesy. In the grand scheme of things I guess it could be worse. So with out any further adieu I give my take on who should be host.I am sorry that I do not have a particular name in mind, but before anyone actually fills the slot I think that WSAR should let them be their own person without any political agenda. Tell the news of the day, tell the truth, or try to get it, and talk facts. I could go on there and fill a show with my opinions and insult anyone that disagrees, but honestly I am just sick of listening to it.I never actually listened to Kerri. I was not around when she was in the afternoons, and my life just does not have me up early in the morning. As for knowing if she bashed anyone who was not a liberal, I cannot say. However, I tend to catch Barry Richards and on more than one occasion he, and his callers, have done some liberal bashing. I will give one example, he was referring to something and said, "every single liberal" Yeah, he would get that answer wrong on a true and false test. There is an exception to everything.Since it is quite obvious to any one paying attention that this city thrives on politics, I am probably living in a dream world. Drama gets the listeners. I am fully aware.Maybe WSAR could tie the two shows together instead of pitting them against one another. Let's say Hurricane had an interview with the mayor, the AM person could talk it up, get questions the public want answered and hand them over. Work together people. I know when Barry talked up the Sox tickets the Hurricane had to auction off to help the baseball team get back their equipment, I stayed close to the radio so i could call and help out.Again maybe I am dreaming, maybe everyone needs something to bitch at, maybe you really can't make someone happy. But as I was writing this I thought of a perfect morning host. The old bartender from the Belmont, Cliff. I was saddened to find out last week he no longer works there. Someone should find him and give him the job. He was intelligent, honest, has a nice demeanor, and wasn't out to piss people off.That's my vote.

No comments: